Step 1. Register as a shipper on PRISMA
A. Register as a company
We will need the following information from your company:
- EIC code
- Company and user information
- Go to the PRISMA registration page. Do not forget to select GRTgaz Deutschland as a TSO.
- After registration on PRISMA, you will receive the required documents by email to register at GRTgaz Deutschland (see Step 3).
B. Register additional users
Are you already a registered shipper, but require further users or need to change data?
- Go to the PRISMA registration page.
- Fill out and sign this document “Power of Attorney to Represent the Company” and send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new user will receive a confirmation per email as soon as their registration has been approved.
Step 2. Register at Trading Hub Europe
- Go to the THE portal registration page to register
- Create your balancing groups at THE. These will be sent automatically through THE to our customer portal and to Prisma
- Send an email with the balancing group information to email@example.com
Step 3. Register at GRTgaz Deutschland
A. Provide us with the following documents you received after your registration on PRISMA (According to our GTCs Section 2a):
- Company Register Extract
- Annual financial statements of the previous three business years
- PRISMA document “Power of Attorney to Represent the Company”
- Send these documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
B. Communication test with the counterparties
Before starting the transmission, a communication test with the BGM (Balancing Group Manager) is performed in order to check the communication channels between GRTgaz Deutschland and the BGM.
- To complete the communication test, please contact the following email address, including your Connection Sheet in the email: email@example.com.
C. Activation for PRISMA primary and secondary marketing / VMS and NMP
After a successful communication test, you will:
- be activated on PRISMA's primary and secondary platforms
- receive via email the registration confirmation for GRTgaz Deutschland’s contract management system (VMS) as well as for the nomination portal (NMP).
Questions? Contact Smile@grtgaz-deutschland.de
Specifically designed for our customers
The VMS Portal allows our customers to enter and edit company data, balancing groups and contracts.
The Nomination Portal (NMP) may be used to submit and review nominations in case of failure or revision of your backend system, or if your company does not own a nomination backend system.
To register, contact: Smile@grtgaz-deutschland.de
Primary Capacity Platform PRISMA
GRTgaz Deutschland markets is firm and interruptible entry and exit capacities at market area and cross-border interconnection points via a transparent and non-discriminatory auction process on the platform primary capacity platform PRISMA.
Booking of interruptible WD & DA capacity
Additionally, interruptible within-day and day-ahead capacities may be booked through a process of overnomination. The booking of interruptible within-day capacities is only possible through overnomination, if firm capacities are sold out or if only interruptible capacities are available for trading.
In addition, shippers can submit a nomination for a balancing group even if no capacities have been included there before.
Emergency Process for Capacity Booking Requests
In the case of technical issues with PRISMA or its connected systems, GRTgaz Deutschland offers overnomination as an emergency process for trading daily products or within-day and day-ahead auctions at the border and market area crossing points.
Network points that have been activated for overnomination may be found in the above widget.
Communication test with the counterparties
Before starting the transmission, a communication test with the balancing group manager (BGM) is performed in order to check the communication channels between GRTgaz Deutschland and the BGM. The shipper is required to contact the following email address in order to perform the communication test:
In response to the network code Interoperability and Data Exchange, the European Transmission System Operators and their counterparties who communicate electronically shall use a Europe-wide harmonized protocol (AS4) and harmonized formats (Edig@s-XML) in their communication for any document-based data exchange.